Automation Engineer x 2
Automation Engineers x 2 – Permanent – Deeside / Chester Area – £39-55k + Excellent Quarterly Bonus Scheme + Market Leading Pension
Samuel Frank is recruiting two Automation Engineers to a join a globally recognised manufacturing company with a large base in the Deeside / Chester area.
PLC knowledge is a vital requirement – the successful Automation Engineers will be able to connect a laptop, interrogate code and make the required modifications. The Automation Engineers will be able to carry out the same process on SCADA / HMI systems as well.
Ultimately the role will be based on the following working pattern (your first 6 months are likely to be “days” whilst you get up to speed though) – 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off. You will also have 5 x 18 day breaks throughout the year. You’re paid for 150 hours at the beginning of the year and throughout the year, you may be asked to work or attend training on some of the 18 day breaks (on the basis that you will have already been paid).
What that means is that you’ll have up to 90 days off per year, as part of the 5 x 18 days, plus every other 4 days off work, meaning you’ll be at work for around 26 weeks of the year.
Key skills required for the Automation Engineer positions include;
- Experience of fault-finding and modifying PLCs (of any of the major PLC manufacturers) – essential
- Experience of AC or DC inverter drives, fault finding, commissioning and programming
- Thorough understanding of relay logic and the ability to fault-find from Engineering drawings – P&IDs, Electrical Schematics and control loop diagrams – essential
- Instrumentation knowledge, maintaining and fault-finding control loops
- Experience of system testing and commissioning equipment
- SCADA and HMI – modifications, changes etc. – essential
- Methodical fault-finding skills – essential
- Good knowledge of health and safety
The company is committed to the training and development of their team. You will receive regular, specialist training on current and emerging technologies, an annual salary review, 10% employer pension contribution as well as gym membership and a range of staff discounts at some major UK brands.
If this sounds like you and you’re an experienced Automation Engineer with good PLC knowledge, combined with sound Electrical experience, then please send your CV for immediate review.
The company is located in the North West and is easily commutable from the following places; Deeside, Chester, Wrexham, Ellesmere Port, Broughton, Liverpool, Northwich, Runcorn, Widnes and Warrington.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.