Contract Control Engineer – South Birmingham
Control Engineer – West Midlands – Contract – 6 months– £40-43hr – limited site work – IR35 exempt
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Control Engineer to join a growing systems integrator based on the South side of Birmingham.
The requirement is for the successful Control Engineer to be able to “plug & play” with minimal supervision and run with projects from start to finish.
The requirement requires inverter drive experience.
Key aspects of the Control Engineer position include;
- Experience of working for a small company – used to getting involved in all aspects of project delivery
- Capable of delivering the complete control/drive system solution
- Write and test PLC software from scratch
- Knowledge of PLC systems for inverter drives supplied by some of the following vendors – Siemens, Control Techniques, Rockwell and ABB
- Oversee build, test and commissioning
- Hardware design knowledge using a CAD package such as EPLAN or AutoCAD
- This opportunity could suit a Controls Engineer who’s looking to spend less time travelling/on customer site
- Degree qualified
The clients’ core business activities are the design, manufacture and commissioning of drive and control systems which incorporate variable speed drives, PLCs and SCADA systems. The successful Control Engineer is likely to have experience of designing control and variable speed drive systems in industries such as metal production, printing and/or paper, manufacturing etc. other industry experience will also be considered.
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.