Contract PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer – Siemens TIA Portal / OPC-UA – 6 month contract – Outside IR35 – £40-50hr – Mostly Remote / Yorkshire based office
+++Highlights – work for an OEM that’s developing “first of their kind machines”, innovation driven, well-established department, international group+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an OEM based in Yorkshire as they’re looking for a PLC Software Engineer with Siemens TIA Portal V17 experience and knowledge of using OPC-UA within Siemens. The role of PLC Software Engineer will suit a software specialist with experience of writing PLC code from scratch, ideally for special purpose / bespoke machinery.
Key aspects of the PLC Software Engineer role include –
- Following an initial bedding in/handover period, the works can be completed remotely with attendance on site required for critical meetings and FAT
- Data integration of PLCs into the customers MES system
- End customer requires lots of detailed part data (which can be created in any of the PLCs), passed through a local PLC buffer (which needs creating) and communicating to the customer with OPC-UA methods to unload the buffer.
- Maximum parts per minute is around 250 and the buffer requirement is 60 seconds, so a strong understanding of communications bandwidths and best practices is highly desirable.
- Generate and validate a detailed specification and develop the PLC code within the multiuser environment without effecting the ongoing machine development and commissioning.
- Systems developed will need to be tested/demonstrated by the successful PLC Software Engineer using UA Expert.
- Be familiar with SiOME to configure the OPC-UA interface from a customer supplied template and feed this back to the customer for system alignment.
- 2-3 weeks commissioning in Europe will be expected
- The client is very well established and extremely well regarded in the area.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system