Control Engineer – South Birmingham
Control Engineer – West Midlands – Permanent – £30-55k – limited site work + private healthcare + bonus
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Control Engineer to join a growing systems integrator based on the South side of Birmingham. The company is open to hiring a graduate with a couple of years experience, who’s keen to learn and progress, right up to an experienced Control Engineer who can deliver complex projects from start to finish – and everyone else in between!
Key aspects of the Control Engineer position include;
- Experience of working for a small company – used to getting involved in all aspects of project delivery
- Degree qualified – essential requirement for all applicants
- Capable of delivering the complete control/drive system solution
- Write and test PLC software from scratch
- Knowledge of PLC systems for inverter drives supplied by some of the following vendors – Siemens, Control Techniques, Rockwell and ABB
- Oversee build, test and commissioning
- Senior Control Engineers are likely to have PLC software writing experience as well as hardware design knowledge using a CAD package such as EPLAN or AutoCAD
- This opportunity could suit a Controls Engineer who’s looking to spend less time travelling/on customer site
The position has plenty of scope for development and could ultimately form a management level in between the company directors and the controls team.
The clients’ core business activities are the design, manufacture and commissioning of drive and control systems which incorporate variable speed drives, PLCs and SCADA systems.
There is a genuine career path and development plan for employees looking to further themselves in an environment where they can make a real difference in terms of projects and delivery.
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system