Control System Engineer
Control System Engineer – South of Birmingham – Permanent – £50-60k + Car/Car allowance + Private Health
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Control System Engineer to join a specialist engineering company in the West Midlands.
The company’s core business activities include the design, manufacture and commissioning of control systems which incorporate variable speed drives, inverters, PLCs, SCADA systems and the associated hardware.
Key aspects of the Control System Engineer role include –
- The successful Control System Engineer will be able to build complete software solutions from the initial FDS for projects generally based around a PLC with multiple remote I/O nodes and other intelligent devices on the network such as drives, encoders or temperature controllers.
- PLC software experience will need to include either Siemens or Rockwell knowledge including the associated SCADA and HMI packages.
- Have worked on safety solutions for either Siemens or Rockwell PLCs
- Ideally have at least a Degree and preferably Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
- Experience as a Senior Control System Engineer with industry standard communication protocols including Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet, Profisafe or ControlNet
- Capable of delivering the complete control/drive system solution of projects ranging in value from £100-500k
- Lead, mentor and coach other PLC Software Engineers
- Oversee build, test and commissioning
- Mainly office based
There is a genuine career path for the successful Control System Engineer to further themselves in an environment where they can make a real difference in terms of projects and delivery. There is the potential for Control System Engineer to ultimately become a member of the management team and have shares in the business!
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system