Control Systems Engineer – Cheshire
Control Systems Engineer – Cheshire – Permanent – PLC / SCADA – £30-60k DOE
Control Systems Engineer with considerable experience of Siemens and/or Rockwell and/or Mitsubishi PLCs and the associated SCADA software packages (WinCC / Intouch) is needed to work for a very successful, Cheshire based System Integrator.
The company is open to helping with relocation and is keen to assist Systems Engineers in gaining Chartered status.
The company operates mainly in the process sector and has project work in the water treatment, food & beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical industries on the go. They’re looking for a Control Systems Engineer who has “been there and done it”, someone who has a combination of strong programming skills and solid documentation experience, ideally Degree qualified with more than 5 years relevant experience.
Control Systems Engineers’ key activities include;
- Understand a project lifecycle from concept through to completion
- Take ownership of a task or project and ensure delivery
- Produce specifications and design documentation
- Configure and develop software for a wide variety of applications
- Test and commission safely in a working, end user environment
- Maintain high standards and be consistent throughout the design process
- Work as part of a team and be adaptable to a range of environments
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the company Integrated Management System
Technical competence in some of the following;
- Excellent knowledge of real time control system design and commissioning
- Excellent knowledge of control system software design and testing
- Good knowledge of Electrical control panels and commissioning
- Rockwell ControlLogix
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Rockwell HMI (FTView ME & SE)
- System Platform
- Schneider ClearSCADA
The client encourages flexible working, they’re delivery focused and don’t have the politics that can sometimes come with larger organisations.
This role will suit a Control Systems Engineer who has had the experience of working for an SME/System Integrator where full project life cycle involvement is an expectation or alternatively an engineer that has worked for multiple larger companies.
The systems team work in brand new, state of the art office space and the company provides the best equipment and a very professional environment for the engineering teams to deliver.
The office location is commutable from most of Cheshire, including places such as Manchester, Liverpool, Runcorn, Warrington, Stockport, Widnes, Chester and Northwich.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.