Controls Engineer – Greater Manchester – Process Industry – PLC & Hardware – £40-45k + uplift for site work
Samuel Frank is now recruiting for an experienced Controls Engineer to join a very well established, Greater Manchester based specialist engineering business. The successful Controls Engineer will ideally have experience with either/both Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley PLCs.
Key aspects of the Controls Engineer role include;
- Software design & development for control systems – including PLCs, field devices, HMIs etc.
- Have the ability to program from scratch on either Mitsubishi and/or Allen Bradley PLCs
- Assisting with software design & development for production reports – integrating PLC systems with office based applications
- Writing of control specification documents, FDS documents, FAT documents, operator manuals etc.
- Specifying controls hardware requirements – PLCs, remote I/O, fieldbus/hardware communications, HMIs etc.
- Hardware integration – building & testing hardware and inter-device/HMI communications
- Full electrical commissioning of all developed systems on premises and on site
The company pays an uplift for time spent away from home (which could be international and more than likely will be, especially after COVID restrictions are eased). They also pay x1.5 if you work on a Saturday and x2.0 if you work on a Sunday. They estimate a split of 70/30 between being based in the office and based on site.
The client’s premises are commutable from the following places – Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Denton, Bolton, Bury, Blackburn and Burnley.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.