Controls Engineer – OEM West Yorkshire
Controls Engineer – West Yorkshire – Special Purpose Machinery – Permanent – 37.5 hours per week – £40-52k + flat rate overtime + 25 days holiday
+++Headlines – growing organisation with a full order book, wide range of products and systems to work on, no two projects are the same!+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Controls Engineer, ideally with a sound understanding of Siemens TIA Portal, to work for a well-known and reputable OEM based in West Yorkshire. This opportunity will suit a Controls Engineer with at least 3 years recent/relevant experience in this field.
Key aspects of the Controls Engineer role include –
- Ability to write software using established reusable blocks or from scratch
- Configuration of Variable Speed Drives – ideally Siemens G120 and Rockwell PowerFlex series.
- Able to produce Functional Design Specifications
- Configuration communications networks – ProfiNet and Ethernet IP
- Any experience of functional machine safety would be useful
- Qualified to minimum HND in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Controls Engineer role will be 80% office based with occasional trips of 1-3 weeks to customer site expected (a couple of times per year) depending on the size of the project.
- The company operates a flat management hierarchy, so autonomous working is expected.
- Controls Engineer role would suit a self-starter with full project life cycle experience.
- You’ll need a UK driving licence and be able to travel in and out of the UK without restriction.
The client is easily commutable from large parts of West Yorkshire including places such as Leeds, Bradford, Keighley, Ilkley, Harrogate, Skipton, Shipley and Otley.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system