Controls Engineer – Special Purpose Machinery
Controls Engineer – Special Purpose Machinery – Permanent – Lancashire – £35-40k + Overtime = £50-60k OTE + Health Plan/Bens
+++The overtime guide- Any office time worked between 38 and 48 hours per week is paid at x1.5, If you work over 10 hours overtime in one week, this is paid at x2 / double time. This is independent of what day of the week it is (which could mean that Sunday is x1.5, or Friday is x2 depending on how many hours have been worked).
Site overtime – x1.5 Mon – Sat. x2 Sunday only+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Controls Engineer to join a very successful (and recently major award winning!) special purpose machine manufacturer in Lancashire.
The successful Controls Engineer will require experience in some of the following areas –
- Design and produce PLC software
- Design of low voltage machine control systems, specifically, interpretation of customer specification and requirements
- Production of Functional Design Specifications
- Produce electrical schematic diagrams, ideally using AutoCAD Electrical
- Produce all aspects of design /documentation for electrical machine assembly and wiring.
- Specification of drive and motor sizes.
This client is leading the way in the region in terms of investment in their facilities and providing market leading and innovative solutions for their customers in the field of control engineering. The company promotes strong, positive values across the teams as well as promoting an environment which encourages innovation and a solution driven mindset.
Control Engineers applying must be able to design Electrical hardware systems as well as program PLC software systems. This is a full project life cycle role.
The client estimates a 70/30 split between being based at their facility in Lancashire and being based on customer sites which could be Europe and further afield. A large project which may happen once a year, could involve 3-4 weeks site work.
Background of the successful Controls Engineer –
- Preferably a ‘Time Served’ Electrical Engineer.
- Must be HNC / HND or Degree qualified in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Must be confident to work alone at customer premises and have a current driving licence.
The Controls Engineer role is easily commutable from the following places within Lancashire and Greater Manchester – Bury, Bolton, Rochdale, Blackburn, Burnley & Preston.
Please apply today for salary details and an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.