Controls Hardware Engineer
Controls Hardware Engineer – Hybrid Working – East Lancashire – £40-45k
3 days per week in the office, 2 days from home – the specific days of the week you work from home aren’t fixed and you can decide them the week before
Samuel Frank is recruiting a Controls Hardware Engineer to join a very well-established East Lancashire based systems integrator.
Ideally, you’ll have AutoCAD Electrical experience, but if you’ve worked with AutoCAD, they’re happy to arrange for you to attend an AutoCAD Electrical training course.
Key aspects of the Controls Hardware Engineer position include –
- Opportunity for training in areas such as ATEX, machine safety and process safety
- Company open to sponsoring the successful applicant to attend and gain a Degree qualification
- Electrical protection of final circuits and full load calculations
- Designing and dimensioning motor starter types
- Control panel layouts
- Develop schematics, GAs, report generation for BOMs, cables and terminals
- Career progression opportunities, genuine path to get to Lead Engineer level and run multiple projects
- Full UK driving licence
- Control aspects include – Dimensioning of PLC hardware racks, PLC RIO systems, safety hardware (In conjunction with the Safety Engineer), ATEX design and I.S. circuits (in conjunction with the ATEX Engineer), networking arrangements (In conjunction with the Software Engineer)
- Experience in the petrochemicals, chemicals or renewable energy industries is advantageous.
Applicants will ideally be qualified to HNC level or completed an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering or similar. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, has good attention to detail and is keen to progress combined with the AutoCAD design knowledge.
The company is a very well-established Automation business with a growth plan in place to service an increasing amount of work from current customers, as well as delivering projects for an expanding base of new customers. They have a friendly and supportive working environment.
Please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.