Controls Test Engineer
Controls Test Engineer – Bromsgrove / West Midlands – Permanent – paid hourly – £15-19hr + overtime + health cover + pension contribution & life insurance
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Test Engineer with recent, demonstrable controls testing experience to join a specialist panel builder / systems integrator in the Bromsgrove area in the West Midlands.
Key aspects of the Test Engineer position include;
- Understand and be able to interrogate PLC code – This experience is essential – (could be either Siemens, Rockwell or Omron)
- Electrically biased/qualified – knows electrical standards so can carry out methodical testing and fault finding in electrical systems.
- Variable Speed Drives – know how set them up and test them
- Midpoint & end testing of repeat systems.
- Working on one off completed systems for fully testing prior to despatch.
- Document and feedback to engineers’ corrections and changes made to schematics.
- Generation of system test reports.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team
- Based within a commutable distance to Bromsgrove
The company has a strong culture of supporting team members and valuing training, so if there are any gaps in your skills, they’d be happy to train you.
The standard working week is 39 hours. The current team average around 45 hours per week whilst finishing at 2.30pm on a Friday. The first 6 hours of any time worked over 39 hours per week are paid x1.3 your hourly rate and hours worked beyond 6 are paid at x1.5 your hourly rate. Weekend working is extremely rare – this as a Monday-Friday role.
The client’s premises are easily commutable from the following places in the West Midlands; Birmingham, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
Please apply today for an immediate response!
Keywords; Panel Builder, Controls Testing, Test Engineer, Panel Testing, Electrical Testing
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.