EC&I Engineer – Warrington – Permanent – Process Industry – £50-58k + company car + annual bonus + private medical
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an EC&I Engineer to join a well-established, global organisation with an office situated in Warrington. A strong background in Electrical process engineering, particularly in the design phase is key for this opportunity. The role will suit an Engineer who can work independently, making project based decisions autonomously who is either chartered or on the way to achieving chartered status.
An EC&I Engineer who has previously worked in the process industry will be well suited, for example; water treatment, oil & gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical industries.
Key requirements the successful EC&I Engineer include;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and engineering of electrical process systems
- Degree qualified or have the required qualifications to already achieved Chartered status or be on the way to gaining Chartered status
- Ability to design control systems from P&IDs & Process Data Sheets
- Generation of project documentation (electrical drawings, proposals and specifications)
- AutoCAD & MS Office literate
- Management of the control panel design & testing
- Understanding of electrical regulations for hazardous areas (ATEX/DSEAR)
Key responsibilities of the EC&I Engineer position include;
- Writing outline specifications for electrical control panels and electrical installation (there’s a team of CAD Engineers to carry out the CAD design work).
- Specify and discuss instrumentation requirements
- Supporting sales team in proposals
- Management of control panel manufacturing
- Creating Load/Motor Schedules
- Liaising with site and project team
- Approval of Control Panel schematics and layouts
- Prepare site commissioning files
- Complete and issue electrical drawings
The role will be mainly office based and have very limited/occasional trips to site.
The clients’ premises are commutable from Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington, St Helens, Runcorn, Widnes, Stockport and the surrounding areas.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.