Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer – Hybrid Working – Permanent – Cheshire – £35-45k + overtime
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join a very well established and growing client based in Cheshire on a permanent basis.
The company has very little/no staff turnover, they look after their people and Engineers stay for many years. They work in a variety of industries, so no two projects are the same. If you wanted to go down the software route, there could be opportunities to learn and develop PLC software skills in the future. The company has a flexible approach with Engineers often working 2-3 days/week at home, sometimes 2-3 weeks at home if that’s what works best!
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will ideally have AutoCAD Electrical experience and be happy in an office based design capacity as well as site meetings/customer facing scenarios.
Key aspects of the Electrical Design Engineer role include –
- Control Panel General Arrangements, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable / Termination Schedules, Bill of Materials
- Produce electrical schematic diagrams, using AutoCAD Electrical (other CAD package experience will also be considered)
- Develop hardware aspects of the control systems, to include connectivity of PLCs, I/O, Drives, HMIs, SCADA and Programmable Safety Systems.
- On site experience – role will be mostly office based but will involve supervising installation and commissioning works on customer sites
- Produce all aspects of design /documentation for electrical assembly and wiring
- Specification of drives and motor sizes
The client has a full order book and has recently been successful in bidding for further work. This role includes payable overtime, flexible working hours and 26 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays. The client is very well regarded and can offer the right person a stable working environment, a professional approach and an opportunity for career progression.
The offices are easily commutable from most of Cheshire and parts of Staffordshire including places such as Crewe, Northwich, Macclesfield, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stoke, Leek and Congleton.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.