Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
Electrical Design Engineer – AutoCAD – Permanent – Lancashire – £40-50k – Hybrid Working
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer tojoin a very well-established client in the Lancashire area. The company is an engineering contractor, operating in the bulk handling and conveyor sectors.
Key aspects of the Electrical Design Engineer position include –
- Design and procurement of Electrical and Control systems using AutoCAD
- Developing and estimating the electrical content for proposals
- Understanding of the assessment, design and selection of electrical distribution, control and protection schemes.
- Design for external procurement Distribution systems, motor control centres and installation.
- Assisting in the design for external procurement of software-based control systems whilst communicating with the selected suppliers
Candidates with bulk handling, conveyors or materials handling experience will be considered favourably, as skills gained from these sectors will be relevant.
The successful Electrical Design Engineer is likely to have experience of designing systems for plants using packages such as AutoCAD, Amtech and Microsoft Project as well as MCC design, cable system design, instrument and device specification and PLC hardware specification.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate some knowledge of mechanical processes and the application of process design. It would be beneficial to have some knowledge of high voltage systems but not essential.
The position is generally office based but it will be necessary to meet with clients, liaise with suppliers, carry out site surveys as well as supervise and commission installations.
The client is easily commutable from most of Lancashire including locations such as Bolton, Wigan, Preston, Chorley, Blackburn, St. Helens or Bury.
Please apply today for an immediate response!
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.