Electrical Engineer – 6 Month Contract
Electrical Engineer – Design & Commission – EPLAN – 6 month contract – IR35 Exempt – Home & Site Work – £38-40hr + expenses for working away
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer with experience of both Electrical design using EPLAN and site based commissioning, to join a very successful system integrator in the North West to start early December.
After an initial bedding in week in the office, the client is open to the successful Electrical Engineer working from home, where projects allow. This could be significant blocks of time, possibly 2-3 months at a time. Then, once you’ve created the EPLAN designs, you’ll follow the work to site, likely to be in the North West of England and carry out the commissioning.
So it’s 100% clear – this role will involve blocks of time at home, then blocks of time on customer site both of which could be 2-3 month periods.
Key aspects of the Electrical Engineer role include:
- Interpretation of customer specification and requirements to produce electrical schematic diagrams, using EPLAN
- Produce all aspects of design/documentation for electrical machine assembly and wiring
- Specification of drive and motor sizes
- Any knowledge of ARP (Air Replacement plants), conveyors or the automotive sector would be preferable
- Applicants will be required to test and commission both at factory premises and at customer premises
- Commission the designed systems including I/O check, safety circuit check, general voltage checks (24v DC and 400v AC), sensor set up etc.
- Because of customer demands at peak periods the successful Electrical Engineer needs to be willing to work key shutdown periods
- Must be confident to work alone at customer premises and be happy and able to deal professionally face to face with the end customer on a daily basis
The client’s premises are commutable from Liverpool, Warrington, Widnes, Runcorn, St Helens, Warrington, Chester or Northwich.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.