Engineering / Controls Manager
Engineering / Controls Manager – Staffordshire – Permanent – £45-55k + discretionary bonus + 8% pension contribution + car allowance
Samuel Frank is now recruiting for an Engineering / Controls Manager to join a growing and very well regarded system integrator based in Staffordshire. The successful Engineering /Controls Manager will need to have come up through the ranks as a Controls Engineer and is highly likely to have worked for a systems integrator.
The successful Engineering / Controls Manager will be responsible for the management, co-ordination and continuous improvement of all engineering activities across a small team of dedicated specialists.
Reporting into the Directors the role will involve working with Lead Engineers who will have technical authority on their areas, to ensure technical excellence is achieved across the department.
Key aspects of the Engineering / Controls Manager role include;
·Management and leadership of the Engineering team which includes Electrical Design Engineers, PLC Software Engineers, Control Engineers, Safety and Variable Speed Drive specialists
·Have very strong attention to detail – the Directors have listed this as a main strength they feel is key to the success of this role
- Good people management skills whilst facilitating strong working relationships across the team
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Ensure successful project handovers take place
- Resource planning and recruitment
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and all aspects of documentation are first class
- Liaise with customers
- Continuous development/improvement of Company systems and procedures
- Team development, mentoring and coaching
- Facilitating training of junior engineers and appropriate training programmes
Engineering / Controls Managers with experience of either the metal industries or continuous production processes will be considered favourably as will applicants who have knowledge of machinery safety legislation such as BS EN ISO13849.
The client’s offices are easily commutable from most of Cheshire and parts of Staffordshire including places such as Crewe, Northwich, Macclesfield, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stoke, Leek and Congleton.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.