Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer – Home Based – Electrically Biased – £36-40k salary + overtime + bonus = £60-65k OTE + company car + 25 days holiday + 8% pension contribution
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Field Service Engineer. The successful Service Engineer will be home based in the UK & Ireland and maintain and commission the client’s special purpose equipment in the field. The ideal profile is for someone to have come from a Maintenance Electrician background and have at least 2-3 years field based experience.
The role will involve significant UK & Ireland travel, large jobs may be 2-3 weeks in duration and regular service trips are likely to be around 2-3 days in duration. Some weekend working will be required, as a very rough estimate, maybe one weekend every five.
You can live anywhere in the UK for this position.
Key aspects of the Field Service Engineer role include –
- Ability to read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams
- Good electrical knowledge – motors, low voltage instrumentation, loop controls, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- PLC knowledge (ABB and Siemens) would be useful (to fault finding/bug fixing level)
- Mechanically competent – able to carry out maintenance work on mechanical components and assemblies (fitter support will be provided for major works)
- Electrically qualified to at least ONC, ideally HNC level
The company is part of a global group and they’re looking to expand their Field Service capacity because the business is growing and demand has increased. This opportunity will give the successful Field Service Engineer the chance to work on very specialist equipment and work on site at some global household name brands.
All working hours over 9 per day will be paid as overtime. Travel time is included in your working day.
The Engineers will work from home, deployment being arranged by the Service Manager based at the office in the North West. Initial training and equipment familiarisation will be carried out by working with one of the existing Service Engineers. Much of the work is pre-planned preventive maintenance, where key parts are renewed and a thorough system review is carried out, including all safety features and interlocks.
However, call-outs at short notice also feature and the Field Service Engineers must be willing to travel at short notice. When not working onsite you’ll be at home, on-call, ready to travel immediately if required.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.