Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer – East Lancashire – £50-60k + overtime when on site – includes some home working – Industrial Controls – Siemens or Rockwell experience required
Headlines – Opportunity to step up into a Lead role, very well established and well regarded company, wide variety in terms of the projects, long term stability, the business supports and encourages training and personal development and will offer support to Lead Software Engineers helping them gain Chartered status.
Key aspects the Lead Software Engineer position include;
- Been the Lead Software Engineer on at least one large PLC based project or have a demonstrable track record as a seasoned Lead Engineer
- Have a strong background in writing PLC software using either Siemens or Rockwell systems so you can successfully schedule works across a small team of PLC Software Engineers.
- Drive/promote high quality coding standards across the team.
- The successful applicant will have experience of producing good quality Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and FAT documentation.
- Industry experience could have come from working in the water treatment sector, chemical or other process based industries, but the client is open to any sector experience.
- Networking of common automation hardware including EtherNET/IP, ProfiNET, Profibus, Modbus
- When you’re writing code and don’t need to be in the office – you’re able to work from home
- On top of the basic salary the client will pay overtime for hours completed onsite (over 40/wk). They also have a flexitime system in place where the Engineer can accrue time off in lieu and start early/finish early
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
There are opportunities to learn and be trained on scripting, process safety, machine safety and ATEX.
The client is a very well established Automation business with a growth plan in place to service an increasing amount of work from current customers, as well as delivering projects for an expanding base of new customers. They have a friendly, supportive working environment.
The role will be based in East Lancashire and is easily commutable from Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Burnley, Blackburn, Accrington, Darwen and Bolton.
Please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.