Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer – Special Purpose Machinery – West Midlands – Permanent – Office Based – £40-45k + occasional overtime
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer, to join a specialist automation business that’s based in between Birmingham and Worcester, with experience of designing full turn-key machines.
This company designs and builds full production lines that involve complex control systems as well as industrial robots.
The company is open to helping with relocation and requires the Mechanical Design Engineer to have previous experience of designing a machine from scratch from a design specification i.e. not just making amendments to existing drawings.
Key requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer position include –
- Significant experience in the mechanical design of automated systems
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
Key activities for the Mechanical Design Engineer include –
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Contributing to design specifications
- Mechanical systems design and development
- Leading system integration, test and validation
- Specifying components
- Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
The offices are commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Dudley, West Bromwich, Kidderminster, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Droitwich,
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.