Mechanical Engineer – Product Design & Development – Birmingham – – £42-47k – flexible working, unlimited holidays, possible shares in company, major opportunities for progression
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join a Birmingham based start-up. This is a unique opportunity to join a company in its fledgling years, that’s well financed, designing and building a highly innovative, first of its kind product.
Key aspects of the Mechanical Engineer include;
- Mechanical engineering experience (5-10 years), including design in a product development and/or robotics focussed business
- Knowledge of designing and building products that include motors, moving parts and electronics
- Design and test of prototypes – working on cutting edge technology with like-minded, solution driven Mechatronic Engineers.
- Experienced with material selection for manufacturing
- Creation of technical documentation
- Lead all mechanical engineering aspects of the product, you’ll have the support and input from a less experienced, junior Mechanical Engineer
- The product is the first of its kind and the company sees this person running the Mechanical aspects of the company in the future
- Degree level qualification expected as a minimum
The company is open to the successful Mechanical Engineers’ time being split between working in the office, in the workshop or at home with the onus on the individual to get the job done, wherever they choose to work that day.
The company also doesn’t track holidays – it’s based on deliverables and performance, so if you need to take time off and you’re on track, take time off.
You’re also going to be working in an exciting start-up company in an R&D environment, that’s going through the trials and testing phase, pushing what’s possible with technology. Once you’ve settled into your role, there is also an opportunity to be shares equity in the company. If this all sounds great, then please apply today for an immediate response!
The Birmingham premises are based just South of the city and are commutable from Selly Oak, Harborne, Redditch, Dudley and most of Birmingham.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.