Junior/Graduate Mechatronics Engineer – Birmingham – BSc or MSc – Start Up / R&D Company – flexible working, unlimited holidays plus possible equity in company – £28-35k
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Mechatronics Engineer to join a Birmingham based start-up. This opportunity could suit a fresh graduate with an MSc in Mechatronics or Robotics, or a Mechatronics Engineer with a BSc/BEng plus 2-3 years experience – or anywhere in between.
The key is to have practical experience of designing and building a physical system either at university, or in a commercial environment.
Key aspects of the Mechatronics Engineer include;
- Knowledge and experience of ROS projects (academic, commercial or hobbyist)
- Able user and programmer in ROS / Python
- Experience of designing small/complex assemblies (including electronics, sensors, actuators, mechanisms)
- Comfortable both writing software and getting involved in test & assembly
- Opportunity to work alongside an experienced/talented Lead Software Engineer on ROS projects
- Design and test prototypes – working on cutting edge technology with like-minded, solution driven Mechatronic Engineers.
- Good electro-mechanical experience – design & test e.g. PCBs, motors, actuators etc.
The company is open to the successful Mechatronics Engineers’ time being split between working in the office, in the workshop or at home with the onus on the individual to get the job done, wherever they choose to work that day.
The company also doesn’t track holidays – it’s based on deliverables and performance, so if you need to take time off and you’re on track, take time off.
You’re also going to be working in an exciting start-up company in an R&D environment, that’s going through the trials and testing phase, pushing what’s possible with technology. Once you’ve settled into your role, there is also an opportunity to be gifted equity in the company. If this all sounds great, then please apply today for an immediate response!
The Birmingham premises are pretty central and are easily commutable from most of the West Midlands. They’re also walking distance from Birmingham New Street, Birmingham Moor Street and Bordesley train stations.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.