West Yorkshire – Siemens TIA Portal – Permanent – £30-50k DOE + 25 days holiday
+++Headlines – up and coming local employer, opportunity to work on something that only a handful of companies are doing in this country, working alongside high calibre, professional engineers+++
Samuel Frank is working with a West Yorkshire based company that’s looking to grow their software team with an experienced PLC Engineer. The business was born out of a more established company about 3 years ago and since then they’ve doubled their headcount and the plan is to recruit another 20 professionals in the next 18 months. Their machines are ground breaking and will capitalise on the upsurge of the 3D printing market in high end, high value markets over the coming years.
The successful candidate will have experience of interrogating, modifying and programming PLC code using TIA Portal as well as being a good software all-rounder, so experience of other programming languages such as C, C++ or Python will be required.
Key aspects of the PLC Engineer role will include;
- Siemens TIA Portal – mainly modification & changes to existing code using Ladder Logic and/or Structured Text.
- A range of other technical skills including some of the following – machine build & test, C/C++ on Windows, Python or Allen Bradley PLCs. You don’t need experience of all of these
- Any knowledge of machine tools, special purpose machinery, one off bespoke machines would be useful
- The role of PLC Engineer will be best suited to someone who is open, flexible & willing to learn
- The role will almost exclusively be based at the clients’ facility in West Yorkshire.
This is an opportunity to work on cutting edge machines that are being sold to globally recognised brand names for an up and coming local employer. This role will suit someone who’s looking for something that’s a bit different, interesting, away from the normal who has good TIA Portal experience but can bring other technologies and skills to the role.
Whilst the company is rapidly growing, it’s also stable and well funded.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.