PLC / SCADA Project Engineer – North Staffordshire
PLC /SCADA Project Engineer – Permanent – North Staffordshire – £40-50k DOE + profit related bonus + 8% Pension Contribution
Samuel Frank Associates have been instructed by a North Staffordshire based system integrator to find a new addition for their controls team. We’re looking for a PLC / SCADA Project Engineer who has recent, demonstrable full project life cycle experience including writing software from scratch as well as project delivery, functional safety knowledge and occasional site-based commissioning.
This opportunity could suit someone with 2-5 years’ experience.
Key responsibilities of the PLC / SCADA Project Engineer include –
- Programming of control systems from scratch using someof the following – TIA Portal, Rockwell Studio 5000, PanelView, iFix or WinCC
- System configuration, including PLC and SCADA configurations to meet project requirements
- Identifying any functionality changes to be made to core software or core PLC code
- Functional safety knowledge – working knowledge of ISO13849
- Familiar with Industrial Ethernet networking, particularly Profinet
- Production of project documentation including Functional Design Specifications, Project Specific Drawings, Design Risk Assessments & Test Procedures
The client is a small & very well-established system integrator. This means the successful PLC / SCADA Project Engineer will be involved in all stages of the project life cycle and potentially have a big impact on the business, whilst progressing into a more senior role. I’ve worked with the recruiting company for many years and they’re professional, structured in their approach and the Engineers I’ve introduced to them over the years enjoy working there.
The client’s customers are predominantly based in the North of England and Wales, so any site work will involve short term visits rather than spending weeks/months away at a time.
They have customers in various sectors including chemical, water and steel so they’re not tied to one industry; giving them opportunities to expand in growing industries if one sector they operate in slows up.
This opportunity will suit a capable PLC / SCADA Project Engineer who is comfortable dealing face to face with customers and has the technical ability to deliver small to medium size projects from start to finish.
The client’s premises are easily commutable from the following locations – Stoke, Congleton, Crewe, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Leek, Middlewich and Nantwich.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.