PLC Software Engineer
PLC / SCADA Software Engineer – Staffordshire – Permanent – £45-55k – flexible working hours, 30 days holiday, bonus scheme & private healthcare cover, some home working
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced PLC / SCADA Software Engineer for a Staffordshire based, specialist engineering business.
(The company will also consider subcontractor applications, to work outside of IR35).
Key aspects to the PLC / SCADA Software Engineer position include;
- System requirements specification and analysis, software design and implementation
- Preparation of test plans
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation and test of PLC / SCADA systems, preferably Siemens TIA Portal & WinCC (if you don’t have Siemens experience, they’re open to cross training someone to use Siemens PLCs)
- Experienced in the design and implementation of complex, medium to large sized industrial automation systems
- Technical software design documentation (full lifecycle)
- System safety experience is of interest – PLC / SCADA Software Engineers with TUV accreditation will be considered favourably
- The company encourages and will support Engineers taking on Chartered status / MSc qualifications etc.
- Experience in the use of Siemens system components and development tools
- Qualified to least Degree level
- Experience of working in highly regulated industries
You’ll need to be a British passport holder and have lived in the UK for at least the last 5 years as you’ll be put through basic level security clearance.
The successful PLC / SCADA Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing complex automation, safety and material tracking systems. You’ll be involved in specification writing and system documentation using a breadth of problem solving skills, which will include writing PLC programs or designing SCADA systems from scratch.
The company offer a flexible & friendly working environment as well as the opportunity to work with some very talented engineers. The management team promote a sensible work-life balance, which encourages everyone to leave the office by 4.30pm daily (after COVID – most of the team are home based at the moment anyway) and have 30 days holiday per year as well as the statutory Bank Holidays.
From April time, Engineers will spend 2 days a week at home and the rest in the office. There will be very limited site work with this position.
Their offices are easily commutable from Stoke, Stafford, Cannock, Lichfield, Telford, Uttoxeter, Stone.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.