PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer – Siemens – South Yorkshire – Hybrid Working – Permanent – £45-50k + x 1.5 Overtime
***Major plus points – 2-3 days per week at home/2-3 days per week in the office, exciting projects, growing department, Siemens partner and specialist***
Samuel Frank Associates is now recruiting for a Siemens PLC Software Engineer with recent/strong TIA Portal programming experience to join an expanding Sheffield based controls team.
Applicants need to live within a couple of hours of Sheffield. Your contract will state that you’re based from home so all mileage and accommodation for working in the office can be claimed back.
In summary, the Siemens PLC Software Engineer requirement will involve –
- Technically review and understand customer requirements.
- Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications.
- Development of control and safety concept.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding from scratch, refining existing code
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- Some site based commissioning – 80/20 split between home/office and being out on customer sites
- Creation of automation project documentation
Applicants looking for a salary towards the higher end of the range are likely to have some/most of the following –
- Software development with Siemens PLCs, specifically TIA Portal, S7-300, 400, 1200 and 1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages – ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
- Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems – Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
- Electrical schematics review.
The work will entail programming from scratch, refining existing code, producing documentation and commissioning which will usually take place in South Yorkshire. Some site-based commissioning will be expected as part of the responsibilities.
The role is commutable from the following places – Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield and Worksop.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.