PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer – East Lancashire – £40-55k + overtime when on site – includes some home working
Headlines – Very well established and well regarded company, wide variety in terms of the projects, long term stability, the business supports and encourages training and personal development and will offer support to PLC Software Engineers helping them gain Chartered status.
Key aspects the PLC Software Engineer position include;
- The client is open to specific vendor experience of PLCs so knowledge of Rockwell or Siemens systems would be useful as would the related/associated HMI systems.
- Commercial knowledge/experience could have come from working in the water treatment sector, chemical or other process based industries but the client is open to any sector experience.
- Networking of common automation hardware including EtherNET/IP, ProfiNET, Profibus, Modbus
- The role as you’d expect will include full project life cycle duties including site based commissioning which is realistically going to take up circa 20% of your time. It’s unlikely you’d be on site for more than 2 weeks at a time.
- When you’re writing code and don’t need to be in the office – you’re able to work from home
- On top of the basic salary the client will pay overtime for hours completed onsite (over 40/wk). They also have a flexitime system in place where the Engineer can accrue time off in lieu and start early/finish early
- The successful applicant will have experience of producing good quality Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and FAT documentation.
There are opportunities to learn and be trained on scripting, process safety, machine safety and ATEX.
The client is a very well established Automation business with a growth plan in place to service an increasing amount of work from current customers, as well as delivering projects for an expanding base of new customers. They have a friendly, supportive working environment where PLC Software Engineers stay for many years.
The client is based in Lancashire and is easily commutable from Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Burnley, Blackburn, Accrington, Darwen and Bolton.
Please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.