PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer – Greater Manchester – Process Industry – £40-45k + uplift for site work
+++Headlines – Well established, stable team. Switched on, personable Team Manager to work with, full order book+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced PLC Software Engineer to join a very well established, Greater Manchester based, specialist engineering business. The successful PLC Software Engineer will ideally have experience with either/both Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley / Rockwell PLCs.
Key aspects of the PLC Software Engineer role include;
- Software design & development for control systems – including PLCs, field devices, HMIs etc.
- Have the ability to program from scratch on either Mitsubishi and/or Allen Bradley / Rockwell PLCs
- Writing of control specification documents, FDS documents, FAT documents, operator manuals etc.
- Specifying controls hardware requirements – PLCs, remote I/O, fieldbus/hardware communications, HMIs etc.
- Full electrical commissioning of all developed systems on premises and on site
The company pays an uplift for time spent away from home (which could be international and more than likely will be, especially after COVID restrictions are fully eased). They also pay x1.5 if you work on a Saturday and x2.0 if you work on a Sunday. They estimate a split of 70/30 between being based in the office and based on site.
The client’s premises are commutable from the following places – Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Denton, Bolton, Bury, Blackburn and Burnley.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.