PLC Software Engineer
PLC Software Engineer – North Nottinghamshire – Some Home Working – Permanent Opportunity – £30-55k DOE + BUPA after 6 months
+++Key points – company prides itself on building a reputation for high quality service whilst making sure their engineers have a decent work/life balance+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a PLC Software Engineer, ideally with knowledge of both Rockwell and Siemens systems to join a well-established systems integrator based in North Nottinghamshire.
Key aspects of the PLC Software Engineer role include;
- Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC software writing capability – don’t have to be an expert programmer using both platforms, strong skills in one or the other, plus exposure to the weaker manufacturer could work
- Process industry experience e.g., food, brewery, water sector exposure
- The successful PLC Software Engineer will need to have demonstrable experience of programming PLCs from scratch as well as commissioning software on customer premises.
- Good customer facing skills as well as the personality to deal with pressure situations whilst commissioning on site.
- A logical approach to developing automation software
- 70/30 split between being based either at home/in the office to being based on customer sites (UK only). When the demands of projects allow, you could be based from home 2-3 days a week.
- 90% of site work will take 1-2 weeks and won’t involve working weekends, the larger/less frequent jobs could be 4-5 weeks in duration and also, not involve working weekends.
- The PLC Software Engineer role could suit a graduate with 2-3 years of experience, right up to a seasoned professional with a long successful career programming PLCs.
The client is easily commutable from the following places – Nottingham, Newark-on-Trent, Mansfield, Chesterfield and Worksop.
If you would like to apply or find out more, please submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.