Principal Software Engineer – North Yorkshire
Principal Software Engineer – North Yorkshire – Permanent – £65-75k + 25 days holiday
+++Highlights – work for an OEM that’s developing “first of their kind machines”, innovation driven, well-established department, international group+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an OEM based in North Yorkshire as they’re looking for a Principal level Software Engineer. The software involved is for PLCs, SCADA & HMIs. The successful Principal Software Engineer is likely to have a successful track record of leading PLC, Control and Automation Engineers delivering a range of successful projects.
Key aspects of the Principal Software Engineer role include –
- Be the technical authority on all software related aspects of project delivery having the final sign off on designs and safety compliance and assessments
- Resource deployment and scheduling experience
- Take lead role in project meetings
- Chartered status would be ideal but not essential – company will support the successful Principal Software Engineer in gaining Chartered status
- Support the software team with planned training, mentoring/coaching and personal development plans creating a succession plan
- Experienced in the innovative design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of British and international standards relative to the design and installation of industrial automation systems.
- Experience of conducting assessments and generating technical documents in accordance with the Machinery Directive and other British and international standards
- This position will suit an innovator who is constantly looking for solutions that give maximum value.
- Machine safety knowledge e.g. BS EN ISO 13849
- MS Project experience
The client is very well established and extremely well regarded/known in the area.
Working week – 39 hours, role will preferably be office based, flexible/core hours system
The client’s premises are commutable from the following locations Leeds, Selby, Wetherby, Harrogate, Ripon, York, Pontefract, Doncaster, Hull / East Yorkshire and Wakefield.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system