Project Manager – West Birmingham
Project Manager – West Midlands – Electrically Biased – Permanent – £55-60k + bonus
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Project Manager who is technically biased with first class leadership skills to deliver electrical, industrial control focussed projects for a company in the West Birmingham area.
Key aspects to the Project Manager role include;
- Report directly to the Director
- Direct reports will be a Lead Hardware Design Engineer and a Lead Software Design Engineer
- The company is a small, well-established systems integrator, so the Technical Project Manager role comes with plenty of opportunity to shine whilst working on very interesting and challenging projects.
- First class leadership and management skills are paramount – the team includes highly skilled technical people, so an understanding of delivering electrical/PLC/software projects, combined with strong communication ability are key elements of the Technical Project Manager role.
- One of the big projects they’re about to start working on is to deliver part of the electrical/control systems for a battery manufacturing plant for the automotive industry.
- General project management (obtaining progress reports from Engineers, updating project programme in MS Project, client liaison etc.)
- Raising and tracking of technical enquiries and questions
- Management of the issuing/review of early warning notices, project documentation and change control notes
- Management of the issuing/review of FATs
- Compiling technical design files in accordance with SIL / ATEX (Experience of working on ATEX (BS EN 60079) and SIL process safety systems (BS EN 61508)
- Strong people skills as well as good organisational and planning skills
- Electrically biased/qualified – ideally to Degree level
- Quality Management experience (ISO9001) – advantageous
- Full UK driving licence
- Bonus will be based on project deliverables
The Technical Project Manager role will be office based and the clients’ offices are based on the West side of Birmingham and will be easily commutable from places such as Kingswinford, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Halesowen, Brierley Hill & Stourbridge.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system