Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer – C&I – Berkshire – Permanent – £52-57k DOE + flexible working hours, 30 days holiday, bonus scheme & private healthcare cover & some home working
Samuel Frank Associates is recruiting for a degree qualified Senior Hardware Engineer with a background in control and instrumentation to join a growing & stable specialist engineering company for a Berkshire based role.
Key aspects/requirements of the Hardware Engineer role include;
- Ideally, you’ll be security cleared, but if not, you’ll need to be a British passport holder with a clear criminal record and not lived outside of the UK for more than 3 months in the last 5 years.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering – this is essential
- Plans and directs all aspects of hardware engineering activities on allocated projects
- System safety experience is of interest – C&I Engineers with TUV Functional Safety accreditation will be considered favourably
- The company encourages and will support Hardware Engineers wanting to take on Chartered status / MSc qualifications etc.
- Hands-on involvement with hardware specification and design
- Leads, advises and mentors other Hardware Engineers
- Experience of working in highly regulated, heavily procedural environments would be ideal
The engineering aspect to the role will involve investigating problems on customer sites through site surveys and analysis of existing drawings, suggesting options to solve the problem then actually doing the electrical design work involved. This opportunity will definitely suit an experienced EC & I Design Engineer who gets excited by finding problems and then coming up with solutions!
The company offer a flexible & friendly working environment as well as the opportunity to work with some very talented engineers. The management team encourages a sensible work-life balance that encourages everyone to finish by 4.30pm daily as well as a lunchtime finish on a Friday, combined with 30 days holiday per year, as well as the statutory Bank Holidays!
Keywords – C&I, Electrical Engineer, TUV, Safety Systems, Hardware Engineer, Control & Instrumentation, Team Leader, Security Clearance, Hardware Design
The suggested postcode is to be used as a guide only.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.