Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Special Purpose Machinery
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Team Leader – West Midlands – £50-55k DOE – Hybrid Office / Work from Home – Special Purpose Machinery
+++Headlines – forward thinking company, work alongside talented, experienced Engineers, growing business, very strong order book+++
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a successful, bespoke, special purpose machine manufacturer based in the West Midlands, just South of Birmingham.
Key aspects of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role include;
- Lead technical engineer of a small team of Mechanical Design Engineers, the role will include design checking and sign off, scheduling/planning of works and mentorship
- Competent in technical aspects of mechanical design and development of special purpose machinery
- Ensure all machines confirm to relevant machine safety standards e.g. CE certification
- Work closely with the senior management team to deliver standardisation and cost analysis
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost-effective manner & design changes are managed in accordance with standard operation procedures
- Experience of working within a multi–skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components)
- 2D and 3D CAD design experience ideally from using SolidWorks
- Have some “hands on” experience – could be from an apprenticeship or previous role
The company has a strong culture of supporting team members and valuing training, so if there are any gaps in your skills, they’d be happy to train you. Senior Mechanical Design Engineers with experience of designing complex/bespoke special purpose machinery will be well suited.
SolidWorks isn’t an essential requirement, the hiring team is open to all major CAD package experience. If you’re a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer and you’ve come up through an apprenticeship that could work really well, a Degree qualification isn’t essential.
Working week 37.5 hours – 8 – 4.45pm Monday – Thursday (1 hour lunch), 8 – 3pm – Friday (30 min lunch) – overtime isn’t expected or regularly worked, however there might be busy periods where overtime will be required and will be paid. You can choose to work from home on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
The client’s premises are easily commutable from the following places in the West Midlands, Birmingham, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.