Service & Commissioning Engineer

Stoke-on-Trent
Permanent

Service & Commissioning Engineer – Staffordshire Based – Permanent – UK & Rest of World Coverage – £40-45k

Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Service & Commissioning Engineer to join a Staffordshire based special purpose machine manufacturer who has a strong electrical fault-finding background as well as having mechanical skills.

The company is going through a growth period as sales of their machines have increased significantly in the last 12 months. They have an existing team of Service Engineers and they’re looking to add capacity to make sure they can continue to provide excellent customer service.

Key aspects of the Service & Commissioning Engineer role include;

  • Breakdown & scheduled service work – UK & Rest of the World
  • Commissioning of machinery at customer sites, electrical bias – UK & Rest of the World
  • Depot repairs – both mechanical and electrical
  • Some pre-delivery testing / commissioning of machinery
  • Previous experience of working on special purpose machinery
  • Current schedule – client estimates 2 weeks in the workshop, then 2 weeks on site as a sensible guide, beyond current schedule an international trip every other month is more realistic

Service & Commissioning Engineers with experience of fault-finding on PLCs would be considered favourably but this isn’t an essential requirement. The client estimates that due to the current backlog of orders, for the first 9-12 months of the role, 80% of your time will be focussed on commissioning (workshop then go to site) and the other 20% will be more geared towards service work. They estimate this will settle into more of a 50/50 split once business has settled down beyond COVID backlogs.

In terms of set up, the existing Service Engineers typically work 8 hour days when on site and the company makes sure they’re not staying in low-cost/low-quality hotels. Trips are planned in advance too. Basically they’re well looked after!

The successful Service & Commissioning Engineer will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Stoke on Trent. They team currently includes Service & Commissioning Engineers who commute from Manchester and Birmingham.

If you’d like to apply, please submit your CV and we can arrange a conversation asap.

Apply for this job


    Job alerts

    Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.

    Register Here