Service Engineer – Electrically Biased – Home Based
Service Engineer – Home based – UK coverage – £40-45k + overtime + car/car allowance (£5500) + bonus = £60-70k+ package
Samuel Frank is recruiting an electrically biased Service Engineer to cover the UK.
Ideal places to live to easily reach customer sites are anywhere from Oxford as far North as Leeds.
Key aspects of the Service Engineer role include:
- Electrically biased with sound mechanical appreciation
- Strong electrical fault finding experience – essential
- Role will mainly consist of servicing & maintenance of equipment already installed and commissioned
- Any robotics knowledge will advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of motors, drives and software (PLC) fault finding
- Experience of process flow would be advantageous
- Regular Weekend working will be required – the successful Service Engineer will need gain access to production lines to carry out service work outside of normal operating hours – overtime paid at flat rate (estimated £10-15k per year in overtime)
- Key shutdown periods where you’ll be required – Easter, Whitsuntide (May half term) and Summer holidays
- Because of the peaks and troughs nature of the work, there’ll be significant downtime to offset the busy shut down periods and weekend working
- Any knowledge of automotive plants would be helpful
Requirements for the Service Engineer role include:
- Previous experience of working as a Field Service Engineer
- Good electrical knowledge with experience in motors, low voltage instrumentation, loop controls, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Flexibility to work weekends and travel for occasional large jobs
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training to further develop your skills and knowledge
- Eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
If you’d like to find out more, please send your CV for an immediate response.
Ideal places to live include Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Stoke, Birmingham, Coventry, Oxford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Peterborough, Telford, Doncaster, Banbury, Northampton or Warrington.
(Note the suggested postcode is roughly in the middle of the suggested geographical area – the role isn’t based from Derby)
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system