Software Design Engineer – West Midlands
Software Design Engineer – South of Birmingham – Permanent – £40-60k + Car/Car allowance + Private Health
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Software Design Engineer to join a specialist engineering company in the West Midlands.
The systems the successful Software Design Engineer will be working on could be simple HMI solutions with tens of IO, through to the multi-VFD systems with full SCADA and PLC systems with hundreds of IO. The Systems will typically consist of VFDs, PLCs and HMI with communication interconnections.
Key aspects of the Software Design Engineer role include –
- Degree in Electric/Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Member of a related professional body
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software design and development of systems controls
- Proven expertise in designing and implementing large-scale, mission-critical systems.
- Proven experience in the following:
- PLCs – Working with Siemens (Simatic Manager/TIA Portal (LAD & SCL)) and/or Rockwell, including safety systems.
- HMI – Working with (TIA WinCC Advanced/Panelview)
- SCADA – Working with (WinCC/TIA WinCC/InTouch/ViewDesigner)
- Industry standard communication protocols
- Working with Ethernet (IP) and Profinet and ideally Modbus, Profibus, Profisafe, ControlNet, CTNet.)
- Building complete software solutions from initial concept for projects for systems based around one high level PLC (S7-151x or 1756-Lxx) with multiple remote IO nodes and other intelligent devices on the network e.g. drives, encoders, temperature controllers
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, particularly able to support the sales team with initial bids and costing of projects and to ensure that ongoing contracts meet the customers’ expectation.
There is a genuine career path for the successful Software Design Engineer to further themselves in an environment where they can make a real difference in terms of projects and delivery. There is also the potential for the Software Design Engineer to ultimately become a member of the management team and have shares in the business!
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Software Engineer – Worcestershire – £45-60k
£45-60k +hybrid +car/allowance +BUPA
Field Service Engineer – West Yorkshire
£38-42k + vehicle + overtime + 25 days holiday
Electrical Design Engineer – West Yorkshire
£32-42k + hybrid working + 7% pension contribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Lancashire
£35-40k + 25 days holiday + flexitime system