Technical Director – Industrial Controls
Lancashire – Automation / Industrial Controls / Systems Integration – £65-70k + Private Healthcare + Company Car + Discretionary Bonus
Samuel Frank Elite has been instructed by a Lancashire based Automation business to source a Technical Director. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful Technical Director will provide technical leadership across the organisation. As head of the Engineering Team, you will ensure delivery of quality products and services in accordance with customer requirements and regulatory compliance within agreed project timescales and budgets.
Technical Directors applying for this role (or a Senior Technical Manager looking to take the next step) will need an Electrical Engineering background and have a sound understanding of the hardware and software involved in industrial control systems (PLC / HMI / SCADA etc.) and have up to date knowledge of current industry best practice, standards and regulations.
Key aspects of the Technical Director position include;
- Supporting and contributing towards the company’s strategic direction, working in close partnership with the MD
- Acting as technical authority to ensure compliance with legal regulations and guidelines
- Management of the design engineering team – around 15 Control & CAD Engineers
- Understand customers’ technical requirements
- Oversee production of proposals
- Customer liaison at enquiry and project stages
- Application of standards and regulations
- Design review and approval
- Key customer account management
- Providing technical guidance to the sales team
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A recognised Electrical Engineering or Control Systems qualification
- Significant experience in a senior technical position – ideally within a systems integrator
- Experience of managing engineering teams – particularly industrial control related teams
- Commercial awareness and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written – the personality, experience and gravitas to lead a team of experienced Engineers
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Full UK driving licence
The technologies the company deliver projects involving include;
- Low Voltage Switchgear and Control Gear (BS EN 61439)
- PLC, HMI and SCADA systems
- ATEX design/installations (BS EN 60079)
- Machine, functional safety, process safety (BS EN ISO 13849, BS EN 61508)
- Health & Safety systems
- Quality Management systems
The position is commutable from the following places – Manchester, East Lancashire, Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Burnley, Blackburn and Bolton.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.