Tendering Manager – Industrial Controls / Automation – North Staffordshire – Permanent – £40-50k + £6k Car Allowance + Bonus + 8% Pension Contribution
Samuel Frank Associates is now recruiting for an experienced Tendering Manager to join a growing and very well-regarded system integrator based in North Staffordshire. The successful applicant may currently be working as a Commercial Engineer / Manager, Technical Sales Engineer / Manager or a Proposals Engineer / Manager.
The key requirement for the role is to have worked in industrial controls, preferably for a systems integrator as a Tendering or Proposals Engineer. You’ll need to have a reasonable technical grasp of PLCs, variable speed drives, SCADA systems, HMIs etc. so you can create tenders/quotes from specifications and visit sites with minimal supervision.
Other key aspects of the Tendering Manager position include –
- Ability to tender for the manufacture of control panels and associated software and control engineering content. The control panels will contain variable speed drives (AC/DC), PLCs, safety controls, network switches, LV switchgear etc.
- Ability to write a tender document in clear concise language, explaining technical solutions in good detail and clearly capturing the offered scope of supply
- Management of the sales and tendering process
- Line management of sales & tendering team
- Responsibility for sales growth through business development
- Customer account management
- First class written and spoken English ability
- Methodical, organised, considered approach to tendering
The client’s offices are easily commutable from most of Cheshire and parts of Staffordshire including places such as Crewe, Northwich, Macclesfield, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stoke, Leek and Congleton.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
Apply for this job
Sign up here to hear about the hottest new job opportunities on the market that are specific to you.